Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

The new stars of the plus size market

Once upon a time, I did some work experience within Arcadia, I worked a press intern for Evans. Plus size fashion has always seemed to stump the industry, suddenly they stop following trends and silhouttes, style goes out the window and colour is forgotten. This was completely apparently as I tired my very best to send out Evans clothing to magazines and photo shoots and all I seemed to be working with was black, shapeless garments that lacked life and style, the Beth Ditto range really was the only relief for the Evans collections. I was so disspointed by the array of clothes for plus size women  even went about compiling a buying proposal for a proposed River Isalnd plus size collection for my uni coursework.

However great news for all those that sport a few curves Clements Riberio is about to kick Evans into shape. The design duo Suzanne Clements and Inacio Ribeiro will be designing a range for the plus size retailer next year. if you can't wait till next year for inspiring plus size clothing Evans is about to launch "Whats your shape?" with clothes being grouped in differnet body types...an old idea but it might refresh Evans range???

No comments:

Post a Comment