Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

Fancy a bite...of my dress?

One of my favourite things about fashion is the new, the outstanding and completely initiative. So I thought I would share with you one of my favourites:

Micro nutritional couture

I stumbled upon the work of Emily Crane while browsing the pages of WGSN, she works on the brief of that in 2025 the government bans fast fashion and it has to evolve to give back to the world. She been working on the idea of growing clothes from edible materials.

Emily experiments with freezing bubbles of food stuff to create hybrid materials creating bio-lace structures.

The future looks bright for this taste bud tingling fashion as Emily is currently working with Heston Blumenthal fusing science, food and fashion together.

For more info check out Emily's site: http://emilycrane.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment